Monday 26 May 2008

Somebodys treasure....

New lo's.......love these Anais Nin quotes.













See what I bought this weekend....
I stopped by the local church stall this weekend to get a couple more books. As I was checking out the few there the gent on the stall asked if I would like to see the other 'couple' of boxes they had......we went inside the church and there were twenty plus more boxes !!!! Had to stop myself !! look at the gorgeous flowery one......














We were bought up with parents who taught us to appreciate old books so I think it has rubbed off........the kitchen smelt like lovely old musty books mmmmm. I like to collect old bibles, hymn and prayer books. I found a couple of bibles and was about to put one back because it was fairly damaged/loved when I found this letter from 1925......couldn't leave it there after that.
This book is called 'Everybodys Best Friend', one of those books that gives advice from how to know when your daughter is ready to go courting to dealing with chapped nipples and club foot.....obviously everyday information !!!!!! The chapter that caught my eye was the one about 'difficult husbands' and 'difficult wives'.....what to do if your wife is 'too domesticated', shows her child too much attention or is too 'socially ambitious' and 'difficult husbands'...... how to deal with a husband if he is too demanding of his 'rights' or likes to 'take a drink'.......well worth a good read!!!!!

Off to do some more creating.......can I possibly do 3 lo's in a weekend ??????

happy birthday to my big little brother........













2 comments:

Natasja Cats - Verbeek said...

Luvvvvv your layout sweetie!! So good to see you are doing some scrappin. Can't wait to see #3!
And how cool is it to find such an old letter hidden in a book!!
xo
Nat

D@nielle said...

oh I have too many old books, can't go home without some I know the feeling. That letter is so special, just like your lo's btw !